Attorney Paul Stuckle
With over 25 years of experience aggressively representing individuals facing the complex Texas justice system, Paul Stuckle has grown to be a staunch defender of individual rights and due process. His experience in all aspects of the criminal justice system has also allowed him to better represent clients who are facing serious and potentially life-altering charges.
Law Enforcement Background
Paul Stuckle began his 25 years in the criminal justice system with a degree in law enforcement from St. Edwards University in Austin, Texas. He worked as a police officer in the Patrol Division of the Dallas Police Department, fighting crime on the front lines. Paul responded to calls involving domestic disturbances, assaults, shootings, and learned firsthand how situations are not always as clear cut as they may seem.
Many times the police tend to arrest based upon the statements of those on only one side to the incident and fail to complete a fair and thorough investigation. This law enforcement experience is extremely valuable to the defense of a criminal case.
Police Legal Advisor
Paul served as the attorney for the Ft. Worth Police Department under the late Chief Thomas Windham. Paul was responsible for all of the legal training for the department and authored a text book on the laws of Arrest, Search, and Seizure. Paul has specialized knowledge of whether the police made a lawful search or arrest and can challenge illegal searches and seizures in court to have the evidence thrown out.
Collin County Trial Attorney
Paul has significant trial experience. This combination of experience gives your attorney the benefit of knowing both how to defend your case and what the other side will attempt to do with the prosecution.
In addition to training police officers, Paul Stuckle worked as an instructor for Southeastern Paralegal Institute teaching legal students in the areas of criminal law and evidence.
Municipal Court Judge
Aside from having significant trial experience, Paul Stuckle was also a part time judge. He has been a Municipal Court Judge for over 15 years, including the last 13 years as the Chief Municipal Court Judge for the City of The Colony. In this regard, Paul has heard cases including Traffic violations, Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol, Thefts, Assaults, and Minors in Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Alcohol, and Tobacco. As Judge, he presided over 2,500 cases a year.
Proud Member of the National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- B.A. in Criminal Justice, St. Edwards University Magna Cum Laude (1980)
- J.D. Texas Tech School of Law (1983)
- Dallas Police Academy (1983)
- National Criminal Defense College Mercer Law School, Trial Practice Institute (1998)
- Law Partner, Stuckle & Ferguson (January 1991 Present)
- Texas State Bar Admission 1983
Memberships and Recognitions
- President - Collin County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Member - National Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Member - National Child Abuse Defense Resource Center
- Certified annually from the Texas Municipal Courts Training Center
- Recipient of "Who's Who in American Colleges and Universities"
- Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do Karate (1995)